In a series of posts we’ll do “Firebase From Scratch”, an introduction to Firebase and its concepts and ideas. Hopefully, reading this series will give you a firm grasp of what Firebase is and what it can do.
- Part 1: Introduction
- Part 2: Diving In
- Part 3: A Maven Interlude
- Part 4: Games, Services and Tournaments
- Part 5: What's In a Server Game Anyway?
- Part 6: Activating Games
- Part 7: Actions On The Table
- Part 8: Services
- Part 9: Custom Authentication
You should never keep references to table instances in your game or activator.The above rule is because Firebase is build to transparently scale across multiple servers: Firebase needs to be able to "move tables" between different servers and will do so to make sure there's no data loss even if servers are crashing.